It is once again PrimeTime!!! PrimeFaces Team is proud to announce the all-new 5.2 major release, featuring over 270 improvements, new components, new features, significant quality enhancements, accessibility improvements and more. All provided free and open source under Apache License. Note that almost all these features and defect fixes were already available to Elite Subscribers via 5.1.x Elite Releases.
Here are the significant new features;
- Responsive DataTable
- Vertical PickList
- Dynamic Columns for TreeTable
- Expand mode for DataTable resizable columns
- GeoCoder for Gmap
- Ajax events for OrderList and PickList
- New options for AutoComplete
- Skin for simple uploader
- XLSX support for Exporter
- Confirmation support for Menuitem
- DataTable rowHover without selection
- FontAwesome Integration
- PartialSubmitFilter for Ajax API
- Dynamic columns support inside ColumnGroups
- ColumnGroup support for Frozen Columns
- Resize feature for ColumnGroups
- Ability to control default state of PanelMenu
- Improvements to ColumnToggler
- Configurable sort order for null values in DataTable
We’ve fixed and resolved over 100 reported tickets. 5.2 now joins PrimeFaces Elite and development will continue for a greater level of quality and featureset starting from 5.2.1.
Various components such as tree, tabview and accordion has received accessibility enhancements including keyboard navigation and screen reader support.
PrimeFaces Mobile has been updated with touch optimized DataGrid and DataTable components along with general maintenance.
Special thanks to our good friend Jeanfrancois Arcand and his company Async-IO for the improvements in PrimeFaces Push.
There are many compatibility improvements for Liferay, thanks to Neil Griffin and team for their collaboration.
As PrimeFaces is a stable product, there are no breaking changes and event nothing to document for migration. Upgrade from 5.1 should be simple as replacing the jar file.
5.2 is now available at Maven Central, manual download is also available, refer to downloads page for details.
Next major community release is 5.3 due mid september 2015 and Elite for 5.2.x will join bi-weekly release cycle soon. We plan to add exciting new features and maintain the existing functionality. In parallel, our team will continue working on Premium Layouts&Themes.
Always bet on Prime!