PrimeFaces Team is pleased to announce the first Elite release for 5.0.x and the 14th for the 4.0.x. line.
Legacy Widget Namespace
In 4.0, widgetVar.method() usage to access the client side api of a component has been deprecated in favor of PF(‘widgetVar’).show() to keep the window scope clean. It seems not everyone has migrated to PF(‘…’) in 4.x and upon requests of two PRO users, we have added a context parameter to bring window scope back. Please note that PF(‘…’) is always on, following configuration also enables access from window scope as before (widgetVar.method()).
<context-param> <param-name>primefaces.LEGACY_WIDGET_NAMESPACE</param-name> <param-value>true</param-value> </context-param>
FileUpload Temporary Files
FileUpload component writes the files to a temporary location which is customizable (java.io.tmpdir by default). However these files were not cleaned periodically until now. As a side note to make sure cleaner thread is closed automatically when the application shuts down, a listener is required. This only applies if you are using commons upload not the native servlet uploader.
<listener> <listener-class>org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.FileCleanerCleanup</listener-class> </listener>
New additions to Chart API like legendPlacement enables more control over the chart legend positioning. Also negative series colors can now be customized easily.
Filtering is case sensitive in 5.0, due to feedback it is now case insensitive. FilterEvent was also providing wrong information about the filters, it has been corrected as well.
SelectOneMenu Keyboard Highlighter
SelectOneMenu keyboard highlight support was limited, it can only highlight the option using the first letter, for a country dropdown, hitting G key highlights Germany first and quickly pressing R moves to Greece. However in p:selectOneMenu case, highlight moves to Romania. In addition to this, support for non-latin languages like Arabic, Russian, Chinese was missing. Thanks to a PRO user’s sponsorship, p:selectOneMenu behavior for keyboard highlighter is now aligned with basic select element.
ToolbarGroup has been deprecated in favor of left and right facets however a PRO user has more than 300 toolbars in their applications so their log files are filled up with deprecation messages. To support our client, we removed the deprecation notice and decided to support both toolbar group and facets at the same time. You know what they say: “With PrimeFaces PRO, it’s easy to support, tune and add features to PrimeFaces as if it were an in-house framework.”
So these are the highlights, here is the full change log.
- Add primefaces.LEGACY_WIDGET_NAMESPACE configuration (5.0.1)
- LegendPlacement for Chart API (5.0.1)
- Add negativeSeriesColors option to Chart API (5.0.1)
- Improve selectOneMenu keyboard searching (5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- Non-Latin characters not supported in SelectOneMenu Keyboard based option highlight (5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- Terminal font style is not themed (5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- AutoComplete dropdown should trigger on space key (5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- AutoComplete Dropdown visuals missing on enter key (5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- Remove deprecation of ToolbarGroup (5.0.1)
- DataTable filtering should be case insensitive(5.0.1)
- FilterEvent is not receiving correct filters(5.0.1)
- SelectBooleanButtonRenderer doesn’t render tabindex(5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- FileUpload doesn’t render passthrough attributes(5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- dataExport creates invalid XML(5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- FileUpload does not delete temporary files(5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- PanelGrid renders invalid HTML if last child is hidden via rendered=false(5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- AutoComplete in multiple mode ignores tabindex(5.0.1, 4.0.14)
- Mindmap does not support dynamic resource loading(5.0.1)
- DialogReturn event is throwing a NPE from CommandLink(5.0.1)
- Calendar breaks if value has a single quote (4.0.14)
Binaries, Sources, API docs and VDL docs are available in PrimeFaces Elite Portal for ELITE and PRO users as an official release bundle.
Our plan is to support 4.0.x until the end of 2014 and finish it around 4.0.25. Elite Release cycle is bi-weekly so next 5.0.2 with 4.0.15 is planned to be released in 2nd week of June.