PrimeTek is excited to announce the 1.1 release for PrimeNG featuring the all-new Bootstrap (4) theme, customizable datatable filters, advanced row grouping and more. In total, there over 40 improvements.
PrimeNG does not depend on bootstrap in any way however if you need to use PrimeNG components with it, we have a free theme based on bootstrap styling. The theme itself also does not require bootstrap and can be used standalone as well.
We’ve reviewed the entire css of the components and migrated them to em units, this makes scaling easier and also we’re now using box-sizing border-box which makes sure 3rd party libs like bootstrap, zend, semantic do not break PrimeNG components.
Customizable DataTable Filters
DataTable now supports using custom elements as filters via the new filter template so you’ll be able to use dropdowns, sliders, spinners as filters.
Rows can either be grouped by a separate grouping row or using rowspan. Additional optional features are toggleable groups and footer rows.
New Features and Enhancements
- Severity buttons
- Add appendTo for context menu
- Pass original event to chip events
- Deprecate type property of pTemplate
- Pass original event to onRowExpand and onRowCollapse
- Community Themes Refactor
- Migrate MegaMenu to new Grid CSS
- Missing tabindex for calendar
- Only upload when files array is non-empty in ‘auto’ mode
- Code review CSS of all components
- Replace px with em unit
- appendTo support for components
- [Enhancement] Ability to make Calendar HTML5 Required
- Provide rowIndex to DataList template
- Require a pTemplate for RowExpansion
- New FilterMatchModes for DataTable: “in” and “equals”
- Filtering for Listbox
- Add type property to inputMask
- onSlideEnd of slider should pass the value
- New Bootstrap Theme
- Expose home menuitem in breadcrumb
- Ensure no border of .ui-datatable-scrollable-header
- Schedule component – add changeView method
- fileupload onBeforeUpload should be fired before appending files to FormData
- Checkbox support for Listbox
- Improve documentation for dependencies – e.g. Quill
- Migrate all primeng component’s css to box-sizing: border-box
- Bootstrap compatibility
- Row Grouping on DataTable
- Custom Filter Elements for DataTable
- Null check for DataTable resolve field data
- p-chips doesn’t fire onRemove if chip is deleted with backspace
- datatable: error on destroy if not initialized
- Fixed #1505 – acceptVisible and rejectVisible not changing value
- Chips empty value problem
- Add positionStyle property to tooltip
- Improve property check in datatable
- Chips isn’t exported
- TieredMenu show method nevers shows menu when called directly
- Karma test throws “documentResizeListener is not a function” message in dialog.js
- Bug in bootstrap theme for growl component
- Bootstrap theme. .ui-growl-item-container.ui-state-highlight.ui-growl-message-… is not defined
pTemplate now requires the type value using pTemplate=”value” syntax instead of pTemplate type=”value”. Both cases are supported and in 2.0, we’ll remove support for the former.
Row expansion template requires a pTemplate whose value is rowexpansion to correctly identify it.
A special note for Ultima Material Template users, 1.1 is not compatible with Ultima and we’ll update Ultima next week with full support and various other enhancements such as RTL support, colored growl messages and error messages support for material inputs.
License and Download
PrimeNG is fully open source under MIT license and can be downloaded from NPM.
We’re really happy with the increasing number of PrimeNG PRO Support subscribers such as FOX Network Group, Mercedes-Benz and also there is a lot of interest in premium templates such as Ultima. As a result, PrimeTek has decided to invest even more in PrimeNG in 2017 by expanding the team to start with.
Always bet on Prime!