PrimeTek is pleased to announce the new beta for PrimeNG, the open source rich UI component suite for Angular2.
Angular2 RC3 Support
Since RC1, there have been many breaking changes like the very new router (3rd one) and new form apis. Beta9 brings first-class support for these new changes.
InputMask is the new addition to the suite to enter input in a certain format such date, numeric, email, regex and so on.
New Features and Enhancements
- RC3 support
- Support New Angular2 Form APIs
- New InputMask Component
- Custom content support for dialog header
- DataTables multiple selection without CTRL key
- New methods for Schedule
- Add new page number to onPageChange event of Paginator
- Add onSelectionChange event to Editor
- onSlideEnd event for slider
- Wrong url link in PanelMenu
- Updating sorted data causes shuffle behavior
- PanelMenu toggle icon click prevents toggle
- Dropdown entering filter value with no results breaks dropdown if left uncleared
- Tool tips are not cleared after navigating to a different page.
- Quill editor jumps to the beginning when text typed very fast
PrimeNG is available at NPM, please see setup page for details.
Premium Layouts and Themes
All four premium layouts and themes are updated to Angular2 RC3 and PrimeNG beta9 with new releases at PrimeStore. In addition, we’ve given the material ones a facelift, especially the inputs to suit more in the material spec.
Showcase is not optimized for production and makes many http requests due to system.js, we’re working on speeding up by using a bundler like webpack or a custom solution where angular2 and its dependencies along with PrimeNG js is bundled in a single file. This will speed it up drastically.
In its current stage, PrimeNG has met our expectations, download numbers are close to 10k per month and we have PrimeNG PRO customers along with customers who buys the premium themes and layouts. As a result, at PrimeTek we’ve decided to put in more investment and resources in PrimeNG project. If PrimeFaces is the king in PrimeLand, then PrimeNG is surely the prince and heir to the throne.
Beta10 is scheduled in 3 weeks time and we’ll begin with the reported requests-issues at github and then move on to implementing the new fileupload component.
Always bet on Prime!