PrimeFaces Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of PrimeFaces 3.5. This version features new components, enhancements to existing components, major maintenance, RTL support, improved accessibility and more. Compared to previous major release 3.4, there are over 175+ filed improvements.
Notable changes are;
- New component: Clock
- New component: Horizontal Tree
- Reimplemented Galleria as a native widget
- DataTable Multiple Column Sorting
- DataTable InCell Editing
- Frozen Rows for DataTable
- Reimplemented Scrollable-Resizable Tables
- Resizable TreeTable
- Content support for selectOneListbox and selectManyMenu
- Range Slider
- Option Group support for SelectOneMenu
- Global Tooltips
- Updates to PrimePush and Atmosphere Framework
- IE7 is no longer supported
Many important components such as datatable, accordion, dialog, tree and tabview now support RTL direction either by using dir attribute or primefaces.DIR global setting. More components will receive RTL enhancements in future releases.
Various components are improved with accessibility features such as keyboard support and screen reader compatibility via ARIA roles-attributes. As usual, accessibility will be continued to be improved in future.
Please see migration guide before updating your application to a newer PrimeFaces release.
Download links are available at downloads page, maven users just need to update their artifact dependency to primefaces-3.5.RC1.
Final release is due 28th, please test the release candidate and report any problem you face.