Resizable and Scrollable Table implementation has been rewritten from scratch based on the community feedback for 3.5. PrimeFaces DataTable uses 100% width to span the container however for scrollable and resizable columns cases this was not the case and fixed column widths were used instead. This provides the required functionality however there was room for improvement by supporting percentages. This has been a popular request from PrimeFaces Users.
After 1 week of work, following enhancements are now available for 3.5 regarding these two features;
- It is not mandatory to provide fixed column widths with width attribute
- Percentages are now supported for column widths
- ScrollWidth and ScrollHeight attributes also accept percentages like scrollHeight=”50%”
- Column Resizing has a new mode called Live Resizing.
- Major performance improvements and significantly reduced table markup.
Good news for TreeTable users, these are also available for TreeTable as well.