PrimeFaces 3.4 development begins with major enhancements to chart components, it cost us a weekend but well worth it! We’ve started with client-server side api refactoring followed by addition of the new features on top of jqplot as core charting has become so much easier to maintain now. Here are the highlights;
- Major internal code refactor (Backward compatible)
- Animated Charts (Demo)
- Export as an Image (Demo)
- Zooming (Demo)
- New options to MeterGauge
- More control over datatips
- DateTime support for Category Axis
DateTime support for category axis is a special one because it is the first example of a community funded feature request. PrimeFaces users funded the development collaboratively and we delivered.
We hope that you’ll enjoy these new enhancements on charts! Next stop on 3.4 is first-class portlet support, stay tuned!