PrimeFaces 3.3 gets major menu component enhancements, most of the work is related to internal apis and refactoring. We’ve unified repetitive behaviors like tiered menus, overlay positioning by introducing client side inheritance.
External changes are;
- Tiered and Slide menu types have now their own components named tieredMenu and slideMenu.
- Added autoDisplay mode to tiered menus, by default submenus are displayed with mouseover, setting autoDisplay mode to false requires a click.
- Tiered Context Menus are now supported.
- Overlay slide and tiered menus are now supported.
- SlideMenu is a complete rewrite of menu with slide type.
- Menus are now not hidden when mouse is out from the submenus, we’ve aligned the behavior with OS menus and menubars to make this closer to common user experience.
Check out PrimeFaces Labs to see these in beta action!
For those who wonder the release date of 3.3… let’s say when it is done We are very busy with maintenance!