Prime Teknoloji is pleased to announce the 3.2.RC1 release of the leading JSF UI Framework, PrimeFaces!!! Compared to the previous major release 3.1, there are over 80 filed improvements, new components, reimplemented ones, major maintenance, improved accessibility, important internal enhancements and more.
3.2 release is quite balanced regarding new features and bug fixes. Please see full changelog for detailed information.
Brand New Components
Following components are rewritten as native widgets instead of integrating 3rd parties.
- Sort and Filter support to datatable with dynamic columns.
- Reordering of Columns with DragDrop.
- Ajax Paginator to ui:repeat functionality.
- Scroll to a Component after ajax update.
- Lazy loading support for DataGrid and DataList.
- Added varStatus to datalist.
- ProgressBar gets dynamic progress label.
- Facet support for tabview and accordion headers.
- Improved Accessibility across Components. Spinner Case Study.
- Select components are rendered as invalid on validation error.
- New “toggleSelect” ajax behavior event for datatable header checkbox.
- DataTable filter ajax behavior listener now gets FilterEvent instance that contains filters and filtered data.
- Improved visuals and support for form component tabbing.
- Error facet support for FeedReader when feed is not valid.
- Support for update=”@all”
- Improved Internet Explorer support.
3.2 brings better quality with 35+ filed defect fixes. With our selenium test suite, we’re able to catch regression issues before they go in releases. PrimeFaces QA team is also currently working on a new Arquillan-JSFUnit test suite. With monthly release cycle, we’re aiming to fix any bugs quickly and deliver them back to the community.
There are no major changes in 3.2 except slight differences in reimplemented components.
- Growl now uses css to display the severity icons instead of the previous *Icon attributes.
- Password component sets feedback mode to false by default.
- Incell editing datatable requires editable attribute to be set true.
- ProgressBar’s oncomplete attribute is removed in favor of complete ajax behavior.
New Widget Architecture
We’ve rewritten our client side widget architecture to get proper inheritance and callbacks to widget lifecycle. Prior to 3.2 when a component was updated with ajax, the corresponding widget was reinitialized, with our new design widgets just refresh themselves leading to improved memory usage on the browser and much cleaner code. Please note that this is an internal change and has no effect regarding the usage of the components.
PrimeFaces Themes also get an update with the new 1.0.4 release, most of the themes are unchanged and some get minor color improvements.
User’s Guide for 3.2 will be available next week along with 3.2 Final release.
Visit PrimeFaces.org downloads section to try out the release candidate of 3.2.
Always bet on Prime!
Optimus Prime and All the Autobots in PrimeFaces Team