PrimeFaces 5.1 is updated with its first Elite Release featuring 19 improvements. Highlight of 5.1.1 is the FontAwesome integration, Skin for simple uploader, implementations of a couple of requests from our PRO users and maintenance to provide a batch of defect fixes.
Font Awesome gives you scalable vector icons that can instantly be customized — size, color, drop shadow, and anything that can be done with the power of CSS. PrimeFaces now bundles FontAwesome and provides the CSS tuning of components for the icons. Any component that provides an icon attribute such as buttons or menuitems can accept one of the 479 icons of Font Awesome. In order to enable this feature, a context param is required to be enabled.
<context-param> <param-name>primefaces.FONT_AWESOME</param-name> <param-value>true</param-value> </context-param>
Usage is simple as;
<p:commandButton value="Edit" icon="fa fa-edit" type="button"/>
See the live demo.
Please note that, ThemeRoller icons are still supported as the default iconset whereas FontAwesome icons are provided out of the box as alternative. PrimeFaces components who use icons like accordion panel, tree, menuButton still use ThemeRoller icons and depending on feedback we currently consider using FontAwesome counterparts for the default icons as well for replacement since FontAwesome icons are superior.
Simple Uploader Skin
New Features and Enhancements
- Skin for simple uploader
- InitMode for DataTable
- Font Awesome Integration
- AutoComplete query on enter
- Title attribute for p:selectOneMenu
- DataTable: configurable sorting behavior of NULL values
- syncTooltip for SelectOneMenu
- Title attribute for SelectCheckboxMenu
- skipChildren for Tree and TreeTable
- Aria-checked support for selectBooleanCheckbox
- ExceptionHandler should not use Flash to provide exception data
- NPE from DataTable with draggableColumns=”true” inside dynamic content
- Treetable not expanding when used within RowExpansion
- Filter values are not re-applied (or cleared) after DataModel is updated on DataTable
- JS error on selectCheckboxMenu
- Datatable causes java.io.NotSerializableException
- SelectCheckboxMenu ignores item description
- Tab of AccordionPanel is empty after back navigation in Firefox.
- Client side validation cannot parse a double like .2
- Buttons have an odd white-line at bottom in aristo theme
Binaries, Sources, API docs and VDL docs are available in PrimeFaces Elite Portal for ELITE and PRO users as an official release bundle. Next Elite Release 5.1.2 is planned for first week of November.